Booking Terms & Conditions
The main condition of acceptance of any booking is that good care is taken of any of the properties and contents and that the place is left truly clean and tidy, as you will find it. This care to include all utensils, crockery, etc.
To give us as much time as possible to prepare your Lodge, holidays start from 3.30 p.m. on the day of arrival until 10.30 a.m. on the day of departure.
- In the interest of site management the proprietors reserve the ultimate right to allocate lodges.
- A deposit of 50% of the rental is payable to confirm your booking, up to a minimum of £75.00 total. The balance of rental is payable one month before the holiday.
- Where bookings are made less than one month before arrival, the full amount of rental is payable when booking.
Each property is offered for rent only on the understanding that no more than the maximum number of people as indicated in the brochure shall use it, except by prior agreement. We cannot be liable for any loss, damage, sickness or injury howsoever caused which may be sustained during the holiday to the Tenant and any member of the party, or any invited person. Prices quoted are for 6 berth lodges.
A maximum of 2 dogs are allowed in certain Lodges. An extra charge of £16.00 per dog per week or part week will be made.
If you have to cancel your booking, your party leader must telephone us. The day we receive your telephone notification of cancellation is the date the booking is cancelled.
Policy on Refunds. After deducting the cancellation fee of £25.00 per Lodge, a refund will be paid based on the number of days notice given prior to the start of the holiday as shown in the following table:
- More than 70 days: Full refund less administration fee
- 29 to 70 days: 50% refund less administration fee
- 15 to 28 days: 25% refund less administration fee
- 14 days or less: 10% refund less administration fee
- On arrival date or later: No refund.
- Cancellation Insurance.
We recommend that you take out travel insurance to cover you in the event of cancellation.
Cancellation by Hartsop Fold.
If in the unlikely event that your accommodation becomes unavailable for whatever reason, then we at Hartsop Fold will inform you of this as soon as possible and endeavour to find alternative accommodation for you. No guarantee can be given of this. If you choose to cancel, all monies will be refunded to you.
consumption is now included in the lodge rental. Electricity consumption is based on previous customer experience and we reserve the right to surcharge for excessive consumption.
Each Lodge is equipped with sufficient crockery, cutlery, kitchen equipment, dining and easy chairs, beds and bedding for the maximum number of people as indicated.
- Cots can be hired, in advance at an extra charge of £5.00.
If you plan to bring more than one car, please advise us. No caravans.
- Luggage is at owner's risk at all times, as is any car and its contents.
- VAT is included in all quoted prices.
- If there should be any cause for complaint or accidental damage this must be reported to us immediately, otherwise we are unable to investigate the matter fully. It is too late to report the matter after the holiday.
- Hartsop Fold, its agents or servants cannot accept liability for any personal injury or death, damage or loss which may be sustained by the applicant or their property during the period of their stay at Hartsop Fold, except through negligence of the site, its agents or servants.
We request that customers refrain from smoking inside the Lodges.
Out of consideration for livestock at Hartsop we request no fireworks or Chinese lanterns please.
- Camp fires.
No camp fires allowed at any time.